Search for your next opportunity
Excel Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Support Worker within a residential setting outside Galway city. In this role as a Support Worker, you will be assisting individuals in a residential setting with all activities of daily living and enabling them to live independent lives
Our client is a leading name in the disability sector with facilities all across the country. They focus on community and social inclusion for all residents with a wonderful healthcare team behind them for support. If you have a passion for caring and are looking to work with a progressive and dynamic team – this is the role for you!
Responsibilities for the Support Worker:
- Empower Service Users to live independent lives within their residential home & community.
- To ensure personal & intimate care is provided & ensure privacy & dignity is respected at all times.
- Provide the necessary physical assistance in with Patient Manual & Handling training.
- Administer medication in line with medication process.
- Transport service users to facilitate access all daily living activities.
- Participate in household duties, for example, cooking, laundry, general cleaning, and shopping.
- Support the development & delivery of individual support file.
- Responsible to record & report on daily documentation.
- Designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Immediately report all safeguarding allegations or concerns in line with policy & legislation as per policy record & report all incidents.
- Maintain professional communication & relationships with the team, service user’s family & customers.
- To be aware of safe working conditions & implement safe work practices & immediately report potential hazards, incidents & concerns.
- Follow tasks assigned on the daily planner.
- Positively & actively engage in team meetings, supervisions, training & team events.
- Responsible for safe keeping & recording of service user & house monies & spend.
- Assigned as Key Worker to take the lead as Service User advocate, arrange appointments, liaise with family & develop & implement goals & complete & maintain documentation in individual support file.
Requirements for the Support Worker:
- Level 5 QQI relevant qualification or equivalent
- Currently be residing in Ireland with a valid work visa [if required]
- Over 18 years of age
- Full clean driving licence and access to a car
- High standard of spoken & written English
- Knowledge of HIQA standards
- Experience – work or student placement in social care or a relevant sector
Benefits for the Support Worker:
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Employee Support Programme
- Paid training
- Excellent experience in their field
- Additional training opportunities available
- Competitive pay rates with regular reviews
- Holiday pay and premium rates available for weekends and bank holidays
If you are interested in this Support Worker position, or any other healthcare jobs on the Excel Recruitment website, please contact Maraleeze 087 7606557 via the link below.