Search for your next opportunity
Senior Support Worker
Excel Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Support Worker within a residential setting outside Galway city. You will support individuals in all activities of daily living & enable them to live independent lives in line with national HIQA standards.
Our client is a leading name in the disability sector with facilities all across the country. They focus on community and social inclusion for all residents with a wonderful healthcare team behind them for support. If you have a passion for caring and are looking to work with a progressive and dynamic team – this is the role for you!
Senior Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Empower Service Users to live independent lives with their residential home & community.
- To ensure personal & intimate care is provided & ensure privacy & dignity is respected at all times.
- Provide the necessary physical assistance in with Patient Manual & Handling training.
- Administer medication in line with medication process.
- Transport service users to facilitate access all daily living activities.
- Participate in household duties, for example cooking, laundry, general cleaning, shopping.
- Support the development & delivery of individual support file.
- Responsible to record & report on daily documentation.
- Designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Immediately report all safeguarding allegations or concerns in line with policy & legislation.
- Maintain professional communication & relationships with the team, service user’s family & customers.
- To be aware of safe working conditions & implement safe work practices & immediately report potential hazards, incidents & concerns.
- Positively & actively engage in team meetings, supervisions, training & team events.
- Responsible for safe keeping & recording of service user & house monies & spend.
- Assigned as Key Worker to take the lead as Service User advocate, arrange appointments, liaise with family & develop & implement goals & complete & maintain documentation in individual support file.
Senior Support Worker Requirements:
- QQI relevant qualification
- Be currently residing in Ireland with a valid work visa [if required]
- 2 years relevant work experience in the sector
- Over age 18
- Full clean driving licence
- Excellent command of spoken & written English
- Strong knowledge of HIQA Standards
Senior Support Worker Benefits:
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Training Days
- Invaluable experience in their field
- Opportunity for additional training
- Competitive pay rates that are regularly reviewed
- Holiday pay
- Premium pay for weekends, nights and bank holidays
If you are interested in this Senior Support Worker Position, or any other healthcare jobs on the Excel Recruitment website, please contact Maraleeze 0877606557 or via the link below.