Search for your next opportunity
Excel Recruitment have an amazing buying opportunity for a strong Homeware Buyer who is commercially minded. The business is well known for their beautiful homewares and are Ireland’s market leader in Homewares and this is an exciting time to be a part of the team. Dublin city centre based.
Salary: €60-€90k plus generous benefits.
Responsibilities of this Homeware Buyer job include:
- Source, develop and build product ranges to reflect current trends, ensuring each range is commercial and meets company objectives, sales targets and customer needs
- Analyse performance and review current range to ensure that sales, margins and profit are achieved
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders
- Prepare for & present regular range reviews and presentations
- Negotiating with a wide supply base to ensure best possible price and margin for goods is achieved
- Maintaining and building strong working relationships with supply base and sourcing new suppliers
- Keep up to date with and interpreting trends and constantly reviewing competitors in the market place
- Collaborating with the design team on trends and product development
- Presenting to senior management
- Take responsibility for own development as well as manage the training of junior team members
Requirements for this Homeware Buyer job include:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Significant experience in a fast-paced Buying role
- Passion for product
- Skilled negotiation techniques, organisational and influencing skills
- Developing and implementing departmental and strategy
- Ability to initiate and build strong relationships with other stake holders
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.