Search for your next opportunity
Assistant Food Buyer
Assistant Food Buyer
My client, a leading retailer which provides cutting edge food and fashion has an amazing buying opportunity for an Assistant Food Buyer to join their Grocery team. The business is well known for providing quality food products to its loyal customers. This is an amazing opportunity to contribute to the growth of this highly successful business. Dublin city centre based.
- Salary €35-50k doe
- 26 days annual leave
- Agile working
- Flexible working hours
- Staff discount
- Further company benefits
Responsibilities of this Assistant Food Buyer job include:
- Work with the Buying team to develop short- and long-term plans for your buying categories.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of budgeted sales and margin for your buying categories.
- Identify new market trends and implement actions to capitalise on those trends.
- Manage the range assortment to ensure product offering is ahead of the market.
- Manage and develop the private label offer at all levels.
- Develop strong business relationships with our existing supply base and source new suppliers.
- Plan and negotiate strong promotional activity for your categories to attract new customers and build categories.
- Collaborate with other business functions such as Logistics, Space Planning, Operations and Marketing to ensure your category plans are delivered to shelf efficiently.
Requirements for this Assistant Food Buyer job include:
- A passion for food.
- 2 years of section buying experience.
- Third level qualification – Food or a Business-related qualification desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills and excellent numerical ability is essential.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call Aoife McCaul 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|