Search for your next opportunity
Support Worker – Bangor
Excel Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Support Worker on a permanent full-time basis, based in the Bangor area with a salary of £20,000 approx. per year.
My client is firmly established in the Co. Down area in providing first-class care for people with learning and physical disabilities, enabling people to live independently as much as possible and to feel included in society.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone without prior experience looking to take their first step in the social care sector. If you are passionate and committed to caring for others, then this is the job for you as full training will be provided.
With a full copy of the Job Duties and Person Spec available on request you will:
- Design and maintain support plans
- Evaluate and monitor service user needs
- Promote the overall development of each individual and empower each individual to live as independently as possible
- Keep accurate records for support plans and risk assessments
- Be involved in multi-disciplinary meetings and to contribute in meetings
- GCSE Maths and English
- Committed to working with people who have learning and physical disabilities
- Comfortable dealing with challenging behaviours
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Able to work in stressful situations
- Able to work shift patterns that include evenings and weekends
- £20,000 approx. per year
- NISCC feels paid
- Full induction and continued personal development
- NVQ opportunities
- Working in a collaborative and transparent environment
For more information on this excellent opportunity please submit your CV to Wes via the link below or contact Wes on 02891 422 191.