Search for your next opportunity
Store Manager – Grocery Retail
Salary: €60k to €65k DOE
Career progression, high turnover store!
Excel Recruitment is delighted to announce we are on the lookout for a dependable and experienced Store Manager from a grocery/convenience retail background to join our flourishing grocery retail client based in Cork.
Our client is an exceptional, profitable grocery retail business located in Cork. They have many high turnover stores and employee hundreds of people in the region.
As a business they employ a supportive, team working style culture and aim to keep employees satisfied and engaged. They love to progress talented individuals internally and develop them further. Training programs and guidance is provided to improve best practice within the company to ensure the best shopping experience in the community.
- Build team culture
- Deliver exceptional customer experience
- Build brand awareness
- Drive sales and margin through stock control and placement
As Store Manager, you will need to have had at least 3 years of experience and the ability to explain different achievements/projects that led to your stores past successes. Here are some responsibilities in the role:
- Complete store operational requirements by rostering employees and following up on work results
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, on-boarding and training employees
- Maintain store staff job results by coaching, guiding and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Prepare annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyse variances; initiate corrective actions if necessary
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport customers
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining stock levels
- Decrease stock loss by implementing security systems and measures
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment – health & safety policy and HACCP
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Implementing purchasing plans and staying in contact with vendors and shippers
- Develop a schedule of holiday activities and promotions throughout the year strategically designed to increase margin
- Previous Store Management experience (3+ years minimum)
- Ability to manage and delegate to a large team
- Track record of achieving targets and other achievements
- Ability to monitor and drive sales
- Excellent knowledge of grocery retail industry
If you are interested in this job, or any other grocery retail jobs on the Excel Recruitment website, please apply directly via the link below. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Call Nikki 01 871 7600
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|