Search for your next opportunity
Senior Payroll Specialist
Excel Recruitment has an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Senior Payroll Specialist with our client based in Kildare.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Payroll Specialist to join our client a semi-state organisation based in Kildare. Our client is looking for someone who can drive our clients payroll function to the next level and who can streamline their various payroll processes with automation, all while maintaining compliance.
Duties will include:
- Oversee multi-payroll processing and operational effectiveness of process from start to finish.
- Support and mentor junior colleagues.
- Payroll general ledger reporting and reconciliation of payroll balance sheet items to be completed on a payroll period basis.
- Payroll-related reporting for management and statutory purposes.
- Participate in forecast and budgeting processes.
- Ensure payrolls for our client & their subsidiaries, including benefits and taxes, comply with legislation.
- Collaborate in efforts to evaluate and redesign payroll processes to align with our client’s growth and commitment to quality while ensuring payroll compliance.
- Coordinate with HR to ensure payments to employees are in line with contracts.
- Keep up to date with prevailing developments in laws and regulations related to this role to serve as subject matter expert regarding payroll related tax enquiries.
- Act as a 1st line support and contact for HR colleagues, employees and managers on payroll and benefit queries.
- Work within the compliance framework applicable
- Take initiatives to monitor, challenge and update all payroll and benefit processes
- Compliance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and responsibility for ensuring that appropriate confidentiality is continuously maintained.
- Assist in new payroll implementations, as needed.
- Provide a range of financial administration support.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Requirements for this position include:
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience in payroll processes, statutory compliance knowledge.
- IPASS qualification desirable.
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Experience with Megapay and Brightpay payroll software preferable.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Maintain high regard for confidentiality.
- Knowledge of internal controls, and control testing experience.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, including V-lookups and pivot tables.
- Salary of 45-55K
- Hybrid working options available
- Located in Kildare
Should you be interested in this Senior Payroll Specialist position, please upload your CV to the link provided and Ciara Connolly will look after your application. Unfortunately, due to volume, only suitable applicants can be contacted. For more jobs, please visit the Excel Recruitment website