Search for your next opportunity
Senior Food Buyer
Senior Food Buyer
My client, a highly successful Irish food retailer and wholesaler is seeking a commercial Senior Food Buyer. You will be responsible for leading the buying team, engaging with customers and suppliers and working cross functionally with various teams. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of this dynamic business.
- Generous salary doe
- Agile working – very flexible wfh
- Life assurance
- Staff discount
Responsibilities of this job include:
- Reviewing product range on a regular and ongoing basis based on best practice category management principles and informed by market and consumer research, retailer, marketing and sales department input and supplier innovations.
- Developing seasonal supply plans to meet anticipated demand uplifts and down turns.
- Manage the sourcing and introduction of Own Brand product in conjunction with the product development teams to enhance margins.
- Developing annual plans and budgets based on defined strategy.
- Monitoring the performance of all products in terms of volume, margin contribution and market share and taking appropriate steps as necessary to achieve category targets.
- Negotiating purchase price, supply terms and conditions and supplier income in line with company policies and guidelines.
- Developing detailed promotional strategies and plans to optimise revenue and margin opportunities.
- Set wholesale and retail selling prices and monitor portfolio and product margins to ensure that profitability objectives for both the company and customers are being met.
- Develop excellent long-term supplier and customer relationships.
Requirements for this job include:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a buying / trading team with responsibility for managing categories or product portfolios.
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Finance, or related subject.
- Sound category management experience within the food retail/wholesale industry.
- Previous people management experience.
- Strong commercial acumen and customer focus.
- Systematic problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation & numeracy skills.
- Excellent working knowledge Microsoft package in particular Excel.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|