Search for your next opportunity
Senior Buyer – Foodservice
Senior Buyer – Foodservice
My client, one of Europe’s market leading food clients is seeking an experienced Senior Buyer to join their team in Elche, Spain. Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the successful candidate will optimise the sales, profit, and market share for the company. This role is ideally suited to someone with a strong foodservice buying background who would like to learn in a new, complex, and fast-moving industry. Full Spanish and English proficiency are essential for this role.
- Salary – very competitive doe
- Agile working
Responsibilities of this job include:
- Devise and implement an appropriate trading strategy for the category using a robust category planning process to achieve sustainable long-term revenue, margin, quality, and market share growth targets in line with the overall business strategy.
- Work with the commercial buyers, logistic team, and wholesale team to ensure excellent communication, implementation and continued compliance to category and range plans in each of the 19 cash and carries.
- Manage the promotional activity for the category to ensure that it is in line with the category strategy, better offer better buying promotional guidelines, brand positions, delivering optimum profit return.
- Manage, according to the commercial price policy, all pricing activity including cost negotiations, discounts, bonuses, rebates, special offers and promotional activity support.
- Monitoring the quality of all goods procured in accordance with safety and quality standards and taking appropriate steps to avoid quality issues and reduce business risk.
- Develop excellent long term supplier relations through the implementation of Joint Business Planning and through the development of category partners for each category.
- Develop Own Brand products from concept through to commercial launch in conjunction with cross-functional teams.
- Develop a people plan to ensure we have the skills and experience in the commercial team to deliver the Foodservice growth plan.
Requirements for this job include:
- Business Degree or equivalent.
- Proficiency in the Spanish language at business level.
- At least 5 years’ experience of Food Service Sector within the Spanish wholesale and foodservice industries.
- Sound category management experience and a demonstrable ability to identify consumer trends and insights.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to interpret a P&L.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to lead, motivate and develop a team of people.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call Aoife McCaul 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.