Search for your next opportunity
Retail Store Manager – Kilkenny
Retail Manager – DIY & Hardware
Our client, an independent successful DIY, and hardware retailer is seeking to recruit an experienced Retail Store Manager to drive sales and service within their Kilkenny branch. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be the driving force across the store, building strong relationships with your people, customers, and suppliers and ensuring the overall store operations are in line with company plan.
Due to their success in the building and DIY sector, our client is looking to expand and drive their retail offering. As Store Manager, you will have 3 years+ senior retail management experience ideally in high volume retailing, P&L responsibility, and experience with suppliers and margin.
This job may suit candidates from grocery management, non-food or DIY retailing looking to add value in a growing company.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include the following:
- To implement retail priorities and effectively communicate targets and objectives
- Work closely with the Managing Director on all aspects of the business
- To deliver the retail plan through your team, service, and product knowledge
- Lead and motivate your team of 10+ through high levels of engagement and communications
- Inspire and develop your team to achieve all personal and professional goals
- Analyse trading reports and react accordingly in order of achieving your store KPIs, margin, and profitability
- Ensure that exceptional customer service is in place throughout the store
- Oversee the functionality of the store to ensure annual targets
- Monitor stock loss and implement strategies to reduce company deficit costs
- Identify new opportunities through competitive market research and working closely with suppliers and buying groups
Experience and skills required include the following:
- 3 years + of retail management experience
- Strong commercial and operational acumen
- Experience working with P&L, margin, and costs
- A proven track record in leading a successful team within a target-driven, commercial retail environment
- Excellent personal skills, people leadership, coaching, and training skills
- The ability to drive sales, standards, and compliance
- Experience in identifying new opportunities across the business
- Interest/knowledge in DIY/home retailing
- Excellent performance bonus
Should you be interested in hearing more about this job opportunity, please forward your CV to the link provided, or for more information contact Aislinn on 018148747.