Search for your next opportunity
Retail Assistant Manager
Retail Assistant Manager
Our client, a leading DIY Agri-retail chain is seeking to recruit an Assistant Manager for their store in North Cork. With stores across the country and known for their large selection in Agri, home, DIY, and garden departments, this is a great opportunity for an experienced retailer with previous big box, high volume retail management experience.
As Assistant Manager, you will assist in the day-to-day operations and performance of the store including sales, team management, customer experience, health & safety, and stock management in order to achieve agreed objectives.
Our client is a wonderful retail business. They enjoy a market-leading position, within a competitive market. Our client is recognised as a great place to work, ingrained in the local community, but progressive in how they operate.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an Assistant Manager looking to join a large and successful retailer with fantastic career progression opportunities available.
- Salary negotiable
- 15% bonus potential
- Excellent pension
- Life assurance
- Great training and development
Responsibilities of this job:
- Supporting the Store Manager to deliver agreed objectives
- Supporting the efficient and cost-effective delivery of service to maximise sales
- Controlling and analysing sales performance for each department against budget so that store targets and KPI’s are met and exceeded
- Delivering excellent store standards
- Ensuring compliance with company policies & procedure
- Ensuring that safety procedures are known, understood, and followed by all team members
- Ensuring the team are fully trained, competent, and developed in their roles
- Liaising with HR on recruitment, selection and succession planning
Skills and experience required for this job:
- Previous big-box high-volume retail management experience
- Hardware or Agri product knowledge advantageous
- Excellent people management skills
- Track record in delivering an excellent customer experience and driving sales
- A keen understanding of store P&L and achieving KPI’s and margin
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to build & maintain strong relationships with customers & stakeholders
Should you be interested in hearing more about this Assistant Manager job opportunity, please upload your CV to the link provided or contact Aislinn 018717604