Search for your next opportunity
Junior Food Buyer
Junior Food Buyer
Excel Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting for this highly successful multinational retailer which specialises in selling quality clothing, beauty and home, and food products. As a Junior Buyer, you will develop a procurement plan that will drive category sales and profit and ensure product is top quality. This is an amazing opportunity to join a progressive company that is renowned for being a great place to work. This job is based in Dublin city centre.
- €50-55k doe
- Agile working
- Staff discount
- Car allowance contribution
Responsibilities of this job include:
- Understand financial risks and opportunities per category management and build appropriate mitigation plans together with the buying teams.
- Develop stretching budgets for the category buying area with the Senior Food Buyer, appreciating strategic overlays and business aspiration.
- Drive sales and profit in line with operating plan budgets appreciating impact of waste, commercial deals and trade.
- Drive market share performance, whilst understanding the wider market, who is winning and why.
- Lead and build relationships with suppliers.
- Prepare and agree category strategy plans with Senior Management Team through analysis of customer insight, sales, P&L and trends.
- Set effective range strategies to optimise selling format and product choice, understanding space requirements, ensuring clear range and price architecture.
Requirements of this job include:
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse commercial and customer information to identify commercial opportunities.
- Engaging presentation skills to ensure buy-in across category and cross-function.
- Team working, a collaborative approach and effective people management.
- Relationship building; stores and colleagues.
- Strong analytical, numerical and IT skills.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call Aoife McCaul 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|