Search for your next opportunity
Our client is an exciting, market-leading food establishment operating a nationwide chain across Ireland. Due to continued expansion and a real focus on quality food, our client is looking to hire an experienced Food Buyer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exceptional team within a market leader. Dublin City Centre based.
- Generous salary doe
- Hybrid working
- Company wellness programme
Responsibilities of this Food Buyer job:
- Managing supplier performance across Commercials, SLA’s, Quality Control, Food Safety and Technical support issues.
- Managing suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure products are produced within product specifications and adhere to our quality control standards.
- Building market and category expertise by growing strategic partnerships with key suppliers
- Acting as a commercial buyer on strategic purchases/suppliers, negotiating contracts/tenders, conducting due diligence and preparation of margin analysis & business case including forecasting for the finance department.
- Leading the NPD process and evaluating products (including existing products) and working closely with suppliers from concept through to launch and store implementation, within set timescales.
- Coordinate product and sample submissions, lead product presentations, arrange trials where appropriate plus track trial performance.
Requirements for this Food Buyer job:
- Previous experience of managing the Purchasing functions at a mid-level (minimum 3 years’ experience)
- Full clean driving license
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong commercial, forecasting and financial margin analysis skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and able to meet deadlines and work in a high tempo environment
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|