Search for your next opportunity
My client, one of Ireland’s leading food wholesalers is seeking a strategic Buyer to join their team in Cork. You will be responsible for developing a buying plan for your categories (Chilled and Ambient) to achieve long term revenue, margin and quality. This is an amazing opportunity to join an award-winning established food group.
- Salary €60k doe
- Agile Working
- Career progression
- Car Parking
Responsibilities of this Buyer role include:
- Devise and implement an appropriate buying plan for the categories to achieve sustainable long-term revenue, margin, quality, and market share growth targets in line with overall business strategy.
- Manage all pricing activity including cost negotiations, discounts, rebates, special offers and promotional activity support.
- Develop sourcing strategies, including parallel and off island purchasing to maximise customer offering and profitability.
- Manage the promotional activity to ensure it is in line with the business plans.
- Monitor the quality of all goods procured in accordance with safety and quality standards and take appropriate steps to avoid quality issues and reduce business risk.
- Take ownership for stock inventory and in conjunction with re order, ensure service levels are maintained to maximise availability to customers.
- Develop excellent long-term supplier relations through the implementation of Joint Business Plans and through the development of category partners for each category.
- Monitor supplier performance and take steps to address poor performance as necessary.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and all other support functions to ensure excellent communication, implementation and continued compliance to the category plans are achieved across the various selling channels and to ensure the total supply chain operates as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Requirements for this Buyer role include:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a commercial function within a retail or wholesale business.
- Proven track record of delivering commercial results in a fast moving data driven environment.
- Sound category management experience and a demonstrable ability consumer trends and insights.
- Good knowledge of the Irish wholesale, grocery and foodservice industries would be a strong advantage.
- Full clean drivers licence desirable.
- Business Degree or equivalent.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call Aoife McCaul 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|