Search for your next opportunity
Support Worker – Central Belfast
Excel Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Support Worker on a permanent full-time basis, based in Central Belfast with a salary of £22,425 per year.
Our client is a local charity that provides a range of services to people across Belfast who experience homelessness.
This is a brand-new, innovative project based in central Belfast, supporting some of the most vulnerable females who have experienced long-term homelessness, mental health illness, trauma, complex needs and challenging behaviours. If you are experienced in working with the homeless community in Belfast, and want to be part of this brand new project, we’d love to hear from you.
With a full, detailed copy of the Job Duties and Person Spec available on request, you will:
- Work in a multi-bedded unit, providing therapeutic support to female service users, while working as part of a team with responsibility for the daily management of the unit.
- Provide support via different approaches and methods, to address various issues and to help service users build independence and resilience with the aim of maintaining independent living.
- 1-year minimum experience of working with members of the homeless community or personable skills/experience that are transferable
- Confident in managing challenging behaviours and complex needs and comfortable working within a female-only setting
- Able to deliver risk assessments, and support plans and able to manage a busy caseload
- Able to work with external organisations and agencies
- Understanding of the issues that affect homeless women
- Excellent communications skills; verbal, written and IT proficient
- Will be comfortable with wearing a branded uniform during working hours
- £22,245 per year
- Career development and progression opportunities
For more information on this excellent opportunity please submit your CV to Wes via the link below or contact Wes on 02891 422 191 / 07551 284 326.