Search for your next opportunity
Excel Healthcare is currently recruiting a Support Worker for a residential setting in Kerry. Our client is one of the leading names in disability care in the country with a focus on community and social inclusion for all clients.
As a Support Worker, you will assist your clients with all aspects of daily living, accompany them on daily outings and encourage community inclusion. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced healthcare assistant looking to expand their professional and personal development. If you would like to work with a progressive and forward-thinking team within the healthcare sector, this role is for you!
Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Empower Service Users to live independent lives within their residential home & community.
- To ensure personal and intimate care is provided with privacy & dignity respected at all times.
- Provide the necessary physical assistance with Patient Manual & Handling training.
- Administer medication in line with the medication process.
- Transport service users to facilitate access to all daily living activities.
- Participate in household duties, for example, cooking, laundry, general cleaning, and shopping.
- Support the development & delivery of individual support file.
- Responsible to record & report on daily documentation.
- Designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Immediately report all safeguarding allegations or concerns in line with policy & legislation.
- To be aware of safe working conditions & implement safe work practices & immediately report potential hazards, incidents & concerns.
- Follow tasks assigned on the daily planner.
- Positively & actively engage in team meetings, supervisions, training & team events.
- Responsible for safe keeping & recording of service user & house monies & spend.
- Available to work as per contractual hours & 24/7 service requirements.
- Assigned as Key Worker to take the lead as Service User advocate, arrange appointments, liaise with family & develop & implement goals & complete & maintain documentation in individual support files.
Support Worker Requirements:
- Be currently living in Ireland with a valid work visa [if required]
- QQI relevant qualification
- At least 1 year working in the healthcare sector.
- Over the age of 18
- Full clean driving licence and access to own car
- Excellent command of spoken & written English
- Knowledge of HIQA standards
Support Worker Benefits:
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid Training Days
- Invaluable experience in their field
- Opportunity for additional training
- Competitive pay rates and yearly incremental increases
- Holiday pay and higher rates for weekends and bank holidays
If you are interested in this Support Worker position, please contact Maraleeze 087 760 6557 or via the link below.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|