Search for your next opportunity
Senior Support Worker
Negotiable Healthcare Galway
Excel Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Support Worker within a residential setting in Kildare. You will support individuals in all activities of daily living & enable them to live independent lives in line with national HIQA standards.
Senior Support Worker Responsibilities:
- Empower Service Users to live independent lives with their residential home & community.
- To ensure personal & intimate care is provided & ensure privacy & dignity are respected at all times.
- Provide the necessary physical assistance with Patient Manual & Handling training.
- Administer medication in line with the medication process.
- Transport service users to facilitate access to all daily living activities.
- Participate in household duties, for example, cooking, laundry, general cleaning, and shopping.
- Support the development & delivery of individual support files.
- Responsible to record & report on daily documentation.
- Designated Health and Safety Officer.
- Immediately report all safeguarding allegations or concerns in line with policy & legislation.
- As per policy record & report all incidents.
- Maintain professional communication & relationships with the team, service user’s family & customers.
- To be aware of safe working conditions & implement safe work practices & immediately report potential hazards, incidents & concerns.
- Follow tasks assigned on the daily planner.
- Positively & actively engage in team meetings, supervisions, training & team events.
- Responsible for safe keeping & recording service users & house monies & spend.
- Available to work as per contractual hours & 24/7 service requirements using an electronic T&A system.
- Assigned as Key Worker to take the lead as Service User advocate, arrange appointments, liaise with family & develop & implement goals & complete & maintain documentation in individual support file.
Senior Support Worker Requirements:
- QQI relevant qualification.
- 2 years of relevant work experience in the sector.
- Over age 18.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent command of spoken & written English.
- Knowledge of HIQA standards.
- Strong knowledge of HIQA Standards.
- Own transport is a distinct advantage but not required.
Senior Support Worker Benefits:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Paid Training Days.
- Invaluable experience in their field.
- Opportunity for additional training.
- Competitive pay rates that are regularly reviewed.
- Holiday pay and higher rates for weekends and bank holidays.
If you feel this job may suit you or someone you know, apply now or call Kate on 087 702 0581 for a confidential chat.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.