Search for your next opportunity
Senior Agri Farm Buyer
Senior Agri Farm Buyer
My client, one of Ireland’s most successful retail chains is seeking a Senior Agri Farm Buyer to join their growing business. You will be responsible for the overall procurement strategy, supplier selection and the pricing strategy while working to targets and goals for the category. This is an amazing opportunity to join this customer-orientated retail business. Cork based.
- Salary €65 -75k
- Discounted healthcare
- Agile working
Responsibilities of this job include:
- Category management for agro chemicals, animal health, equine, farm hygiene, merchant feed, milk replacer, minerals, additives, and packaging including silage wrap & covers.
- Ensure that all product purchased must comply with all relevant legislation/standards with supporting documentation.
- Finding new suppliers, products, and alternative supply chain arrangements to meet the specified criteria and in line with company sustainability guidelines.
- Working collaboratively with the commercial teams to identify growth opportunities in each category in line with overall business plan.
- Establishing categories of suppliers, the competitor base for existing suppliers and devise supplier dispute resolution techniques.
- Conduct price comparison, competitor tracking, market trend analysis and price setting.
- Lead the budgeting and planning process for all categories.
- Managing plans for stock levels and reacting to change in demand and logistics.
Requirements for this job include:
- Significant expertise in farm requisite procurement.
- Great negotiations skills supported by strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and systems.
- Ability to forecast demand for products at a given time in the season.
- Advanced understanding of world markets and the factors that influence price volatility, currency, scarcity, weather, and market demand.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|