Search for your next opportunity
My client, a well-known fashion, homewares, and gift retailer who champions contemporary Irish designs is seeking an experienced Merchandiser to join their team. The ideal candidate is commercial and energetic and will use their skills to support the growth of their group. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a progressive employer who values their employees. Dublin based with flexible working from home options.
- Salary – very competitive doe
- Illness Benefit
- Death In Service
- Staff Discount
- Agile working
Responsibilities of this Merchandising Manager job include:
- Set up a merchandising function for the business, supporting the buying, buying admin, retail & ecommerce teams.
- Accurately forecast sales, stock, profit, and plan SKUs each season and by channel.
- Manage assortment Weekly Sales Stock Intake (WSSI) including availability and
- stock levels, identifying and handling gaps between forecasts and actuals.
- Manage the budget planning process & Open to Buy (OTB), options and stock plans for the assortment.
- Manage product lifecycle from launch through to exit of terminal stock.
- Support the planning of Sales & Margin and re-forecast sales on a regular basis looking for opportunities to grow margin and overall profitability.
- Support the management of company stock through monitoring intake from suppliers and deliver data that will support the management of in season stock commitments based on current sales trends.
- Deliver data to support the Managing of Sale and Promotional events.
- Be involved in new store openings, closures, and revamps.
- Support with preparation for internal and external Business meetings by creating reports that detail performance.
Requirements for this Merchandising Manager job include:
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, V lookups, Data Manipulation) with strong analytical skills and a strong customer focus lens.
- Proven experience in forecasting, planning and WSSI management.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders with the ability to influence cross functionally.
- People management experience.
- Production of ad hoc sales analysis and reports.
- Periodically visit stores to understand space options and receive feedback on opportunities to drive sales and profit whilst driving stock turn.
- Strong commercial awareness.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call Aoife McCaul 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.