Search for your next opportunity
My client, a 100% Irish-owned furniture retailer, is seeking a motivated Furniture Buyer to join their dynamic team in Cork. The successful candidate will have strong commercial and trend awareness while supporting the buying function. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a highly reputable company that prides itself on value and quality.
- Salary €70-80k doe
- Agile working
- Illness Benefit
- Death in service
Responsibilities of this job include:
- Responsibility in sourcing and building product ranges in line with current trends, while also meeting commercial requirements and company objectives, targets, and standards.
- Analyse vendor and range performance to ensure sales and marginal requirements are achieved.
- Strong industry and trend awareness with the ability to forecast and source both furnishings and accessories accordingly.
- Communicate and negotiate with vendors for support in areas such as freight allowances, bulk discounts, merchandising, training, product information, and images.
- Creating and maintaining strong commercial and business relationships with new suppliers, while also monitoring and maintaining existing supplier relationships.
- Monitor industry trends through vendor meetings, trade shows, and trade publications.
Requirements for this job include:
- Strong commercial and trend awareness.
- Buying experience in a retail environment would be desirable.
- Sourcing and buying experience within the European/UK market desirable. Experience with Far East sourcing is also desirable.
- Highly motivated with a disciplined work approach and ability to complete tasks on time and to a high standard.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with fluent English.
- Proficient IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.