Search for your next opportunity
Excel Recruitment is now working with a beautiful 4-star hotel in Galway city who have a vacancy for an experienced ‘Bar Manager’. This is an exciting time to join a well-established team where full training will be provided along with continuous upskilling & some fantastic benefits.
Reporting to the F&B Manager, you will assist with the smooth operations of the hotel bar and manage the teams effectively. You will achieve budgeted sales in the Bar and ensure that standards of service are constantly improved in all departments while promoting the highest levels of Customer Care and attention to detail.
Responsibilities as a Bar Manager:
- Ensure that the hotel bars comply with the licensing laws, weights, and measures trade descriptions act.
- Ensure that the department is complying with all Health & Safety, Food Hygiene, and all other statutory and legal requirements.
- To ensure maximum security in all areas under your control and that staff is fully aware of the importance of key security.
- To report accidents of guests or staff and ensure that an Accident Report Form is completed. In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager, ensure Risk Assessments are carried out and cleaning schedules are recorded and kept on file for 12 months.
- To contribute and devise the revenue targets and budgets for the department.
- To positively promote sales & maximise sales opportunities to achieve/exceed budget sales targets.
- To identify and implement new and innovative concepts/service standards that will maintain a competitive and leading edge.
- Engage the team with up-selling and revenue goals in line with departmental goals.
- Costing out of rosters in line with forecast while not compromising service levels.
- To work closely with the Food and Beverage Managers to control Food and Beverage costs to ensure they meet budget expectations.
- Actively participate in the recruitment and selection of new team members ensuring both a skills and hotel culture fit.
- To create an environment that promotes employee morale and encourages the team to have pride in their area of work with a high level of commitment.
- Hold daily briefing sessions with the immediate team and attend meetings as required.
Requirements as a Bar Manager:
- 3+ Years’ experience as a Bar Manager in a busy hotel
- Previous experience managing 40-50 Staff
- Strong product knowledge of whiskey, gin, and cocktails
- Strong commercial knowledge in all aspects of the business
Benefits of a Bar Manager:
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Food allowance
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Wellness Program
- Short-term accommodation provided if needed
If this sounds like an opportunity you may be interested in then please apply below or call Kate directly on 087 702 0581 for a confidential chat.