Search for your next opportunity
Assistant Home Buyer
Assistant Home Buyer
My client, one of Ireland’s largest and most successful food, fashion and home retailers is seeking a commercial Assistant Home Buyer to assist the Buyer in developing and buying a commercial range of product which delivers maximum sales, margins and profitability. This is an amazing opportunity to work in a commercial and progressive buying office. Dublin city centre based.
- Salary €45-60k doe
- Agile working
- Staff discount
- Further company benefits
Responsibilities of this Assistant Home Buyer job include:
- Work with the Buyer and Designer to identify current and future trends, colours and key items.
- Assist the Buyer in building the range plan to deliver a commercially viable balanced product range at competitive prices, ensuring quality for each region & online appropriate for the varying seasonality and sales opportunities, including where appropriate online only product ranges/selections.
- Analyse all aspects of sales performance in conjunction with the Buyer and Merchandiser – product, colour, size, region, online trading.
- Work with the Buyer and the Online Merchandising team to ensure the right quantities and products are available for online.
- Critical path management, ensuring that all critical dates are achieved.
- Manage the fit schedule and execution – ensuring styling and fit details are in line with agreed contract with commercial tolerance and approve size grading’s in conjunction with the Technical team.
- Maintain and manage relationships with suppliers and regularly review their performance.
- Support negotiations and work with supply base to ensure best price and margin is achieved.
- Raise orders – ensuring accurate info in line with buyers’ direction, accurate packing info, shipping details and merchandising input on ratio.
- Proactively sourcing new product ideas through research (online, street style, competitors etc.) in line with the company sustainability policies.
- Visit stores on regular basis communicating relevant feedback.
Requirements for this Assistant Home Buyer job include:
- A passion for homewares.
- 2 years of section buying experience.
- Third level qualification – Fashion/Textiles or a Business-related qualification desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills and excellent numerical ability is essential.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
Aoife McCaul is handling the recruitment for this role in complete confidentiality. Please upload your CV below and she will be in touch should you have the correct experience for the position. For more jobs like this, please visit the Excel Recruitment website or call Aoife McCaul 01 871 7613 for more information. Unfortunately, due to volume only suitable applicants can be contacted.