- Retail News: Dixons reveal high profit expectations - May 16, 2013
- Retail News: Convenience and fuel retailer to invest in flagship location. - May 15, 2013
- Retail News: Dunnes Stores Rent Cut - May 15, 2013
- Tuesday Tibits: Small bites of Retail News. - May 14, 2013
- Retail News: Over the 300 jobs planned with Kildare Village Extension - May 9, 2013
- Retail News: 2 Retailers Saved as Xtra Vision to close 20 Stores - May 8, 2013
- Retail News: 17 Irish food companies join 2013 Tesco/Bord Bia Supplier Development Programme - May 2, 2013
- Retail News: REI cast doubt over Irish HMV stores Reopening - May 2, 2013
- Retail News: Home Retail sells Homestore+More - May 1, 2013
- Tuesday Tibits: Small bites of Retail News. - Apr 30, 2013
Retail News: Discount Retailer to Open New Store in Dublin
Posted on Sep 27, 2012
Discount Retailer, Dealz, has announced that they will be opening a new store in the Dublin suburb of Dun Laoghraigh.
Business and Leadership reported yesterday that the successful business, operated by UK company Poundland, will be opening the new store in late October and it is to be situated in the Bloomfield shopping centre. The store has achieved enormous success since opening its first two stores in Blanchardstown, Dublin and Portlaois. It has since opened 19 stores throughout Ireland creating approximately 500 jobs so far.
The store runs on the basis of Brand Name products being sold for just €1.49 regardless of the item and it has been a huge success among Irish consumers, particularly with their instance on not increasing their prices despite the 2% VAT increase this year.
According to Business and Leadership, Dealz are on track to opening 4 more stores after the Dun Laoghraigh branch before Christmas time.«Back